In this guide, you’ll discover the best Fivetran alternatives on the market in 2023 and learn why you should switch to another platform.
When it comes to sales and marketing, especially managing marketing campaigns, client data, and lead creation, every business’s persona is thrown into disarray.
Now is the time to consider consolidating the findings and maintaining reliable data.
But if you think it’s freaking hard to deal with the databases Fivetran offers, and you have to sell half of the company to afford it, keep on reading.
Table of content
- What Fivetran is Good at
- Why Do Companies Look for Alternatives to Fivetran?
- Best Fivetran Alternative: Windsor.ai
- Integrate.io (formerly Xplenty)
- Informatica Power Center
- Fivetran Alternatives: The Bottom Line
What Fivetran is Good at
Fivetran is a cloud-based data integration platform that simplifies the process of consolidating data from various sources into a centralized data warehouse. It automates data pipeline workflows, enabling organizations to connect and extract data from disparate systems, transform it as needed, and load it into their preferred data destination.
Fivetran is compatible with various data warehouses such as Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Microsoft Azure, and others, allowing organizations to store and analyze their data in a unified and structured manner.
So Fivetran positions itself as an ELT tool. Right, not an ETL, which stands for Extract-Transform-Load, but Extract-Load_transform instead. It is a more agile way for organizations to use and maintain their data.
But as every enterprise-level SaaS, there going to be such pitfalls alongside differentiated benefits.
- Data Source Connectivity: Fivetran offers a wide range of pre-built connectors for popular data sources such as databases, applications, marketing platforms, analytics tools, and more. These connectors eliminate the need for manual coding and enable seamless data extraction from multiple systems.
- Data Transformation: Fivetran provides some basic data transformation capabilities, including schema mapping and column renaming. While it is not a full-fledged data transformation tool, it can handle simple data transformations to ensure compatibility with the data warehouse schema.
- Automated Data Syncing: Fivetran automates the data syncing process, ensuring that data is extracted from source systems and loaded into the data warehouse at regular intervals. This allows for near real-time or scheduled data updates, providing up-to-date information for analytics and reporting.
- Scalability and Performance: Fivetran is designed to handle large data volumes and can scale according to the needs of the organization. It optimizes data loading processes to ensure efficient and reliable data integration.
- Monitoring and Alerting: Fivetran provides monitoring capabilities to track the status and health of data pipelines. It offers alerts and notifications for any issues or disruptions in the data syncing process, allowing teams to quickly identify and address potential problems.
- Prebuilt Data Models: Fivetran offers a collection of prebuilt data models tailored for specific analytical use cases. These models provide a ready-to-use framework for data analysis and reporting, reducing the time and effort required to derive insights from the integrated data.
What is Fivetran suitable for?
Fivetran is suitable for several use cases and scenarios, including:
- Data Integration: Fivetran specializes in data integration and simplifies the process of loading data from various external sources into a data warehouse. It provides a wide range of connectors that enable seamless data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) processes.
- Near Real-Time Data Ingestion: Fivetran supports near real-time data ingestion, allowing businesses to have up-to-date and timely access to their data. With its automated and scheduled data syncing capabilities, Fivetran ensures that data is continuously and efficiently transferred from source systems to the data warehouse.
- Analytics and Business Intelligence: Fivetran offers over 50 prebuilt data models tailored for common analytical scenarios. These models provide a solid foundation for data analysis and reporting in areas such as digital marketing, finance, sales, and more. By connecting data sources to Fivetran, businesses can easily generate insights and perform advanced analytics.
- Data Warehousing: Fivetran is commonly used in conjunction with data warehousing solutions such as Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake, and others. It simplifies the process of populating the data warehouse with relevant and up-to-date data from various sources, ensuring that the warehouse is well-maintained and ready for analysis.
- Simplified ETL Processes: Fivetran’s focus on automation and simplicity makes it suitable for organizations that prefer a streamlined approach to data extraction, transformation, and loading. It manages schemas and handles data syncing, eliminating the need for complex manual coding or internal transformations.
It’s important to consider your specific data integration and analytics requirements when evaluating Fivetran’s suitability for your organization. Assess factors such as the types of data sources you need to integrate, the frequency of data updates, the scalability of your data volumes, and the analytical scenarios you want to support. This will help determine if Fivetran aligns with your needs and if it can effectively facilitate your data integration and analytics workflows.
Fivetran pricing features a row-based price model. Essentially, this means that usage determines the price you pay.
There’s not much I can tell you about the Fivetran pricing. At least, because each of their pricing plans is hidden behind the sales call. What I found out from this article, Fivetran essential pricing plan starts from somewhere between $1000 – $1500, which is a bit too expensive for me.
And not only for me.
Fivetran has a solid 4 rating based on 350 reviews on G2. Of course, there are a few complaints about the pricing, but in general, people are satisfied with Fivetran.
Why Do Companies Look for Alternatives to Fivetran?
Companies may look for alternatives to Fivetran, a data integration platform, for various reasons. Here are a few common motivations:
- Pricing: Fivetran’s pricing structure may not be cost-effective for some companies, especially smaller businesses or those with limited budgets. As a result, they might seek alternatives that offer more competitive pricing or pricing models that better align with their needs.
- Data Source Support: While Fivetran supports a wide range of data sources, there could be specific sources that are not compatible or supported by the platform. Companies may explore alternatives that provide connectors for their specific data sources or offer a broader range of supported integrations.
- Customization and Flexibility: Some companies require more customization options or flexibility in terms of data transformation, schema mapping, or pipeline configuration. If Fivetran’s level of customization is limited for their specific use cases, they might seek alternatives that offer more advanced customization capabilities.
- Performance and Scalability: Companies with large or complex data sets may experience performance issues or scalability challenges with Fivetran. In such cases, they might explore alternative platforms that can handle larger data volumes, provide faster sync times, or offer more efficient data processing capabilities.
- Feature Set: Each data integration platform has its own set of features and functionalities. If Fivetran lacks specific features that are critical for a company’s data integration and transformation requirements, they may consider alternatives that offer a more comprehensive feature set.
- Support and Customer Service: Issues related to support responsiveness, documentation availability, or customer service experiences can also prompt companies to seek alternatives to Fivetran. If they encounter difficulties in resolving technical issues or receiving timely assistance, they may explore other options that provide better support.
Best Fivetran Alternative: Windsor.ai
Worth mentioning that I work at Windsor, which means I’m a bit biased. But hand on heart, if you do not have to go with those enterprise-level things like super-security, Windsor.ai can become much more for 10x cheaper.
Why? Windsor.ai provides ETL functionality and marketing attribution on top of that.
What is marketing attribution?
Marketing attribution is a way to measure the real performance of your marketing activities. Now read slowly: We achieve this by connecting data from multiple sources, mapping out your marketing touchpoints on the buyer journey, and assigning credits for each touchpoint.
If you’re marketer like me, I’m sure you have a sin of attributing all the value to the last click. I.e., when a user searches you on Google and buys, you consider organic working great, forgetting about all the previous steps that might happen on this journey.
So attribution modeling solves this most of the time.
Windsor currently has one of the most affordable pricing offerings on the market, with prices ranging from $19 to $499 with custom options and add-ons.
Fivetran vs Windsor.ai
Despite being a bit ironic about the pricing policies and usability of Fivetran, I must say it can be a great solution for your business. If you need extra security, flexibility, and have enough technical resources to adjust it, then go for Fivetran.
If you want to understand your marketing better and increase its ROI while not spending too much on software, Windsor can be a reliable companion. It has a decent functionality on attribution modeling and adjusting your budgets.
Windsor.ai gives modern marketers complete knowledge of customer travel and the marketing channel performance of their customers. They collectively optimize all campaigns and marketing analytics and deliver multi-touch modeling in real-time.
With the provision of high-quality marketing data optimization, Windsor.ai has done immense work, allowing users to optimize the use of resource through insight on customer journeys in each step and boost users’ trust in better investing resources in specific powerful platforms. The marketing software from Windsor.ai gives you a clearer picture when your investment revenues are at peaks.
Try Windsor.ai today
Access all your data from your favorite sources in one place.
Get started for free with a 30 - day trial.
Other Fivetran Alternatives in 2023
Let’s take a look at some Fivetran alternatives that you might want to try out.
Adverity and Fivetran are both data integration platforms that help businesses consolidate and manage their data from multiple sources. While they have similarities in their core functionality, there are also key differences between the two. Here’s an Adverity differences:
- Data Transformation: Adverity offers advanced data transformation capabilities, allowing users to clean, normalize, and enrich data before loading it into the data destination. It provides a visual interface for data modeling and manipulation, enabling users to create complex data pipelines and transformations.
- Data Visualization and Reporting: Adverity focuses not only on data integration but also on data visualization and reporting. It provides built-in tools for creating interactive dashboards, data visualizations, and automated reports, making it easier for users to gain insights and share information.
- Data Blending: Adverity specializes in blending data from various sources, allowing users to combine data sets and create unified views for analysis. This can be useful when dealing with complex data scenarios or when merging data from different platforms.
If you need advanced data transformation capabilities, comprehensive data blending, and robust data visualization and reporting, Adverity may be a suitable choice. On the other hand, if you prioritize automation, near real-time data syncing, and scalability, Fivetran may be a better fit.
Airbyte and Fivetran are both data integration platforms that enable businesses to consolidate and synchronize data from multiple sources. Here’s an Airbyte differences:
- Open-Source Platform: Airbyte is an open-source data integration platform, which means it is free to use and can be self-hosted. This gives users more flexibility and control over their data integration processes.
- Extensible and Customizable: Airbyte is designed to be extensible and customizable. It provides a connector development kit (CDK) that allows users to build their own connectors to connect with custom data sources. This flexibility enables users to integrate with a wide range of data sources and tailor the platform to their specific needs.
- Ease of Use: Airbyte emphasizes ease of use with a user-friendly web-based interface. The platform offers a visual drag-and-drop interface for building data pipelines, making it accessible for users with various technical backgrounds.
When choosing between Airbyte and Fivetran, consider the following factors:
- Technical expertise: Airbyte may be suitable for organizations that have in-house technical expertise and prefer a more customizable solution.
- Cost considerations: Airbyte’s open-source nature can be appealing for organizations with budget constraints, while Fivetran’s managed service may be more convenient for those looking for a fully supported solution.
- Data integration requirements: Evaluate the data sources you need to integrate, the complexity of your data pipelines, and the desired frequency of data syncing to determine which platform aligns better with your specific needs.
Stitch and Fivetran are both popular data integration platforms that help businesses consolidate and synchronize data from various sources. Here’s an Stitch differences:
- Easy Setup: Stitch offers a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to set up and configure data pipelines. It provides a simple and intuitive experience for connecting to data sources and configuring the data extraction and loading process.
- Extensible: Stitch allows users to extend its capabilities through custom integration using Singer, an open-source framework for building data connectors. This flexibility enables users to connect to custom or less common data sources by developing their own connectors.
- Pricing Model: Stitch offers a transparent and straightforward pricing model based on the volume of data processed. This can be advantageous for businesses that want to have more control over their costs and pay based on their specific data integration needs.
When deciding between Stitch and Fivetran, consider the following factors:
- Technical expertise: Stitch’s user-friendly interface may be advantageous for users with limited technical knowledge, while Fivetran’s automation may appeal to those who prefer a more hands-off approach.
- Data integration needs: Evaluate the complexity of your data integration requirements, the number and types of data sources you need to connect, and the desired frequency of data syncing to determine which platform aligns better with your specific needs.
- Pricing: Consider the pricing models of both platforms and compare them based on your data volume and integration requirements.
Fivetran and Hevo Data are both data integration platforms that help businesses consolidate and synchronize data from multiple sources. Here’s an Hevo differences:
- Streaming Data Integration: Hevo Data specializes in real-time and streaming data integration. It enables businesses to ingest and process data in real-time from various sources, providing near instant availability of data for analysis and decision-making.
- Code-Free Data Transformation: Hevo Data offers a code-free approach to data transformation. It provides a user-friendly interface for defining data mapping and transformations, making it accessible to users with limited coding expertise.
- Event-based Architecture: Hevo Data is built on an event-based architecture, which allows for scalability and handling high volumes of streaming data. This makes it suitable for organizations with demanding real-time data integration requirements.
When considering Fivetran vs. Hevo Data, consider the following factors:
- Integration Needs: Assess the complexity of your data integration requirements, the types and number of data sources you need to connect, and whether real-time or batch data syncing is crucial for your use cases.
- Transformation Capabilities: Evaluate the level of data transformation and enrichment needed for your data integration workflows and whether a code-free or code-based approach aligns better with your team’s skills and requirements.
- Scalability: Consider the scalability and performance aspects of each platform, particularly if you’re dealing with high data volumes or require real-time streaming capabilities.
Rivery and Fivetran are both data integration platforms that help businesses consolidate and synchronize data from various sources. Here’s an Rivery differences:
- Data Transformation and Orchestration: Rivery offers robust data transformation and orchestration capabilities. It allows users to perform complex data transformations, mappings, and aggregations within the platform. Rivery’s focus extends beyond data integration to include data transformation and orchestration workflows.
- Code-Free Environment: Rivery provides a code-free environment for building data pipelines and transformations. Its visual interface enables users with limited coding expertise to design and manage data integration workflows effectively.
- Connectivity to Multiple Data Destinations: Rivery supports connectivity to a wide range of data destinations, including data warehouses, data lakes, and analytics platforms. This flexibility allows users to choose their preferred data destination for storing and analyzing integrated data.
When comparing Rivery vs. Fivetran, consider the following factors:
- Data Transformation Needs: If your data integration workflows require complex data transformations and orchestration, Rivery’s extensive transformation capabilities may be a better fit.
- Code-Free Environment: If you prefer a code-free environment for building and managing data integration workflows, Rivery’s visual interface may be more appealing.
- Automation and Near Real-Time Syncing: Fivetran’s strength lies in its automated data integration and near real-time data syncing capabilities, which can be advantageous for organizations that prioritize data freshness and efficiency.
CData and Fivetran are both data integration platforms that help businesses consolidate and synchronize data from various sources. However, there are some key differences between the two. Here’s an CData differences:
- Connectivity to Diverse Data Sources: CData specializes in providing connectivity to a wide range of data sources, including databases, cloud applications, APIs, and more. It offers a large number of data connectors, allowing users to connect to various systems and extract data.
- Customization and Control: CData emphasizes customization and control over the data integration process. It provides tools and libraries that allow users to build custom connectors and define specific data extraction and transformation logic based on their unique requirements.
- SQL-Based Integration: CData uses a SQL-based approach to data integration, allowing users to leverage SQL queries for data extraction, transformation, and loading. This can be beneficial for users familiar with SQL and prefer a query-driven approach.
When comparing CData vs. Fivetran, consider the following factors:
- Data Source Variety: If you need connectivity to a wide range of data sources beyond traditional databases and cloud applications, CData’s extensive connector library may be more suitable.
- Customization and Control: If you require a high degree of customization and control over the data integration process, CData’s tools and libraries for building custom connectors and defining specific logic may be beneficial.
- Automation and Real-Time Syncing: Fivetran’s strength lies in its automated data integration and near real-time syncing capabilities, which can be advantageous for organizations that prioritize data freshness and efficiency.
Matillion and Fivetran are both data integration platforms, but they serve different purposes within the data integration workflow. Here’s an Matillion differences:
- Data Transformation and Orchestration: Matillion focuses on data transformation and orchestration. It provides a visual interface for building data pipelines and performing complex data transformations. Matillion allows users to manipulate, enrich, and cleanse data as part of the integration process.
- ETL Capabilities: Matillion offers Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) capabilities, allowing users to extract data from various sources, apply transformations, and load it into their desired destination, such as a data warehouse or data lake. It provides a range of built-in components and functions for data transformation tasks.
- Code-Free Environment: Matillion provides a code-free environment where users can design and manage their data integration workflows using a visual interface. This makes it accessible to users with limited coding expertise and accelerates the development process.
When comparing Matillion vs. Fivetran, consider the following factors:
- Data Transformation Needs: If your data integration workflows require complex data transformations and enrichment, Matillion’s comprehensive data transformation capabilities may be a better fit.
- Automation and Real-Time Syncing: Fivetran’s strength lies in its automated data integration and near real-time syncing capabilities, which can be advantageous for organizations that prioritize data freshness and efficiency.
- Code-Free vs. Code-Based Approach: Evaluate whether you prefer a code-free environment (Matillion) or are comfortable with a code-based approach (Fivetran) based on the skills and preferences of your team.
Marketing Cloud Intelligence (formerly Datorama) and Fivetran serve different purposes within the marketing data ecosystem. Here’s an Datorama differences:
- Marketing Data Analytics: Marketing Cloud Intelligence is primarily focused on marketing data analytics and visualization. It provides marketers with a platform to centralize and analyze their marketing data from various sources, enabling them to gain insights and make data-driven decisions.
- Data Aggregation and Visualization: Marketing Cloud Intelligence offers data aggregation capabilities, allowing marketers to bring together data from multiple sources such as advertising platforms, social media channels, CRM systems, and more. It provides tools for data visualization, reporting, and dashboard creation to help marketers understand their marketing performance.
- Advanced Analytics and AI: Marketing Cloud Intelligence incorporates advanced analytics and AI capabilities to assist marketers in uncovering trends, identifying patterns, and generating actionable insights from their marketing data. It leverages machine learning algorithms to provide predictive and prescriptive analytics for marketing optimization.
When comparing Marketing Cloud Intelligence vs. Fivetran, consider the following factors:
- Marketing Data Analytics Focus: If your primary need is advanced marketing data analytics, visualization, and AI-powered insights, Marketing Cloud Intelligence may be more suitable.
- Data Integration and Automation: If your focus is on automated data integration from various sources into a data warehouse, along with near real-time syncing, Fivetran’s strengths in data integration infrastructure may be advantageous.
It’s worth noting that Marketing Cloud Intelligence and Fivetran can complement each other in a marketing data stack. Fivetran can handle the data integration aspect, moving data into a data warehouse, which can then be leveraged by Marketing Cloud Intelligence for analytics and visualization.
9. Integrate.io (formerly Xplenty)
Integrate.io and Fivetran are both data integration platforms that help businesses consolidate and synchronize data from various sources. Here’s an Integrate.io differences:
- Data Transformation and Orchestration: Xplenty focuses on data transformation and orchestration capabilities. It provides a visual interface and a low-code environment for designing and executing complex data integration workflows. Xplenty allows users to perform data transformations, mappings, aggregations, and filtering as part of the data integration process.
- Code-Free ETL: Xplenty offers a code-free approach to ETL (Extract, Transform, Load), enabling users with limited coding expertise to build and manage data integration workflows. It provides a wide range of pre-built data transformation components to simplify the ETL process.
- Connectivity to Multiple Data Sources and Destinations: Xplenty supports connectivity to various data sources and destinations, including databases, cloud applications, data warehouses, and more. It offers a wide range of connectors to facilitate data extraction and loading.
When comparing Integrate.io vs. Fivetran, consider the following factors:
- Data Transformation Complexity: If your data integration workflows require complex data transformations and orchestration, Xplenty’s visual interface and data transformation capabilities may be a better fit.
- Code-Free vs. Automated Approach: Xplenty’s low-code, visual interface appeals to users who prefer a code-free environment for building and managing data integration workflows, whereas Fivetran’s automated approach is suitable for organizations that prioritize efficiency and ease of use.
- Near Real-Time Syncing: Fivetran’s strength lies in its near real-time data syncing capabilities, which can be advantageous for organizations that require up-to-date data for their analytics and reporting.
10. Informatica Power Center
Informatica Power Center and Fivetran are both data integration platforms, but they serve different purposes and cater to different use cases. Here’s an Informatica differences:
- Enterprise-grade Data Integration: Informatica Power Center is an enterprise-grade data integration platform that provides comprehensive capabilities for extracting, transforming, and loading (ETL) data. It is designed to handle complex data integration scenarios and large-scale data processing.
- Broad Connectivity and Transformation Capabilities: Power Center offers a wide range of connectors to various data sources and targets, allowing users to integrate data from diverse systems. It provides extensive data transformation capabilities, including advanced mapping, data quality, and data governance features.
- Customization and Flexibility: Informatica Power Center offers a highly customizable and flexible environment, enabling users to tailor data integration workflows to their specific requirements. It provides a rich set of features and tools for building complex data integration pipelines.
When comparing Informatica Power Center vs. Fivetran, consider the following factors:
- Complexity and Customization: If you require extensive data transformation capabilities and have complex integration scenarios, Informatica Power Center’s customization and flexibility may be better suited for your needs.
- Automation and Ease of Use: Fivetran’s strength lies in its automated data integration approach and ease of use. It simplifies the data integration process, making it accessible to a broader range of users and organizations.
- Enterprise-grade Features: Informatica Power Center is known for its robust enterprise features, including data governance, data quality, and scalability, which may be important considerations for large organizations.
Fivetran Alternatives: The Bottom Line
With this article, you are now familiar with Fivetran and its alternatives designed for marketing intelligence.
These competitors provide varying features, pricing models, and target different use cases. It’s important to evaluate your specific requirements and consider factors such as data sources, transformation capabilities, ease of use, scalability, and pricing when choosing the best alternative to Fivetran for your organization.
Are you searching for a Fivetran alternative? Contact Windsor.ai for a free 30-day trial
The Best Alternatives to Supermetrics
Power BI vs. Google Data Studio: Which Is Better?
Supermetrics vs. Funnel.io: Complete Guide for 2023
Easily Connect BigQuery to Snowflake
Easily Connect BigQuery to Tableau
Easily Connect BigQuery to Excel
Power BI BigQuery Connection in 2023
How to Connect Google Sheets data in BigQuery